Thursday, January 15, 2015

Easy Carpet Spot Remover

My daughter came to me this morning and mentioned that one of the animals (cats/dogs) had gotten sick on her carpet over night. Has this ever happened to you?



This happens every so often here. It's always easier to get a stain out if it is fresh and not soaked in a while.  Unfortunately, we can't always tackle a stain when it's new, so here is what I've found that gets stains out no matter how long they've been there.

You probably already have all the stuff you need already in your pantry.

     * Blue Original Dawn Dish Washing liquid
     * Hydrogen Peroxide
     * A Wet Washcloth or rag 

I literally squirted a bit of Dawn dish washing liquid on the stain. Next I pour a cap full or so of the hydrogen peroxide directly on the stain. Then I simply take a wet wash cloth or rag and scrub the spot until the stain is gone. 

It took me about 2 minutes to tackle that spot and another 10 minutes to find and clean all the rest of the stains in my house. Especially those old, stubborn ones that wouldn't come out for anything cleaned up without a problem. It worked great.

No comments: