Monday, August 25, 2014

How Will You Be Remembered?

 
How will you be remembered when you pass away?

Who will attend your funeral? Lots of friends and family? A few close friends?

Last month, I had an uncle pass from cancer and I noticed all the people who attending his viewing and funeral. It really got me thinking.

He was an amazing man that I hardly knew. I knew he was very hard working, smart, family man. But I had no idea he was also was very generous and a lover of cats. I started to wonder. What will people think of me when I pass?

I used to dream of being the next big blogger, like Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) or Heather Armstrong (Dooce.com).  I wanted to have lots of followers. Lots of sponsors paying me to write reviews of their products.

I know it is fine to have goals or dreams, but that wasn't the plan God had for my life.

God taught me not to worry what millions, thousands or even a few hundred people think of me. He wants me to focus on the people in my immediate family and those I come in contact with on a regular basis. 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
Mother Teresa

Don't try to be important to everyone. Be the world to my family.

I don't want a bunch of strangers attending my funeral (many years from now). I want a bunch of people full of fun stories about our adventures together. Laughing and joking around. Celebrating my life and missing me, of course. 

I haven't been posting for a while because I was trying to find my purpose. My reason for living. Trying to find my calling.

The main purpose of my life is to care for, teach and most of all love my family. Help them feel wanted, needed and special. Encourage them. Make our home a safe haven. A welcoming place for family and anyone else who visits.

My hope is that someone out there can learn from my journey, share a few laughs or just brighten your day. 

Till next time.

No comments: